Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Interview with Fulu Mugovhani


Meet one of the lead actors from Ayanda. 

Fulu Mugovhani - Picture by Fred Felton


How did you get into acting?
I studied first and then got a part in ‘The Lion King’ which took me to Hong Kong.  It was a great experience to be in the theatre.  I came back to SA and TV opportunities came up.  I had a part in Scandal and that taught me a lot.  It’s a different genre.  You learn different ways of acting.  You have to believe in the story. It taught me a lot.

How did you get the role in Ayanda?
Nthathi called me, she suggested me.  Sara Blecher saw me.  She allowed me the process.  We had to rehearse and workshop.  Ayanda is almost in every frame.  I had to tell her story.

What was it like to act with Kenneth Nkosi?
It was unbelievable to work with Kenneth.

Are you a method actor?
I’m not a method actor.  I work on imagination.  It’s through imagination.  I had to imagine Ayanda’s father has passed away.

What do you think of the Durban International Film Festival?
This is my second DIFF.  I’m also part of the Leading Lady Lounge as well.

What’s next for you?
I’m looking at Hollywood and also Broadway.

What’s your advice for the youngsters out there who want to become Actors?
Say it but live it.  You have to work hard.  Believe in yourself.  You need to reassure yourself.  Not everyone has the opportunity to study.  You must make sure that you are in it for the right reasons.

For more info on Ayanda and all of the other films that showed at DIFF visit www.durbanfilmfest.co.za

Interview by Fred Felton

Twitter @fredfelton

No comments:

Post a Comment